It is thought that diffusing therapeutic-grade essential oils can have a positive effect on the olfactory and limbic systems. Emotions, long-term memory, and behavior are functions that are managed by the limbic system. The strong connections people have between scent and memories, emotions, and places are created through this mechanism of smell. Diffusing essential oils have been helpful in overcoming fear or trauma, and are indispensable in building new and positive memories and experiences.
Therapeutic-grade essential oils additionally have been known for centuries to benefit humans in such ways as killing germs and bacteria in the air. Diffusing Young Living’s therapeutic-grade essential oils is much more than simple aromatherapy.
Benefits of Proper Diffusing
- Essential oils kill pathogenic micro-organisms of all kinds.
- World renowned medical researcher, Dr. Jean Valnet M.D., states that essential oils provide remarkable protection against viral infections ranging from shingles to influenza.
- Private research, funded by Young Living Essential Oils. Inc. at Weber State University, successfully demonstrated specific essential oils diffused in a closed chamber killed every virus tested within minutes. Of 74 Young Living single essential oils tested, lemongrass, Roman chamomile, cinnamon, rose, valerian and yarrow scored the highest kill rates.
- Specific Young Living blends of essential oils, like the Thieves blend demonstrated a 99.6% kill rate against airborne bacteria and scored high for its antiviral qualities and anti-fungal qualities.
- Find someone who regularly diffuses essential oils in their home and ask them how many colds they have had lately. For families with children, diffusing is a God-send. It translates directly into fewer sickness, fewer doctor visits, and fewer medical bills. Even when a cold is felt coming on (caught from infection outside the home), its duration is quickly curtailed.
- Diffusing essential oils in the home or work place is one of the best ways to purify our environment. The anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic properties of the oils, along with the negative ions and oxygenating molecules that are released when essential oils are diffused, all help to reduce chemicals, and bacteria.
- Cinnamon bark oil, oregano oil, and Thieves (a blend by Young Living Essential Oils) were all tested by Weber State University, and were shown to kill 100% of the airborne bacteria present when diffused into the atmosphere. (KID-Radio with Lance Richardson and Dr. Gary Young, ND, March 5, 1996).
Different oils have different viscosity or thickness and therefore diffuse at different speeds.
Young Living blends such as Valor, Joy, Harmony, Endo Flex, Awaken, 3 Wise Men, and single oils such as Sandalwood, Myrrh, Patchouli, etc., have a much thicker viscosity and therefore diffuse more slowly and create more noise in the diffuser.
For example, to diffuse one bottle of Valor could take up to 48 hours or longer with the pump running continuously on high, which is unnecessary and wastes a lot of oil.
Thinner Young Living blends such as Citrus Fresh, Peace & Calming, R.C. (you may want to consider this blend for Staph/ MRSA situations), Purification, Abundance, ImmuPower, and single oils such as Lavender,Orange, and Lemon are thinner oils and diffuse very quickly.
For example, a bottle of Citrus Fresh will diffuse within eight hours. A bottle of thicker oil can be left upside down in the well as it will diffuse slowly. However, with thinner oils, it would be better to put the desired amount of oil into the well so as not to use the entire bottle.
Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils:
- Diffusing is one of the most effective and convenient ways to experience the many effects of essential oils.
- Diffusing is a perfect way to improve you home, work, or study environment.
- Diffuse oils to purify the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke, or other disagreeable odors.
- Diffuse oils for their calming and emotionally balancing effects.
- Diffuse oils for their stimulating, invigorating effects. (Essential oils in classrooms have been widely researched for their ability to improve accuracy and memory).
If you have questions or need assistance in placing an order contact me, I will be happy to help you.
Consult your health care professional about any serious disease or injury. Do not attempt to self-diagnose or prescribe any natural substance as a substitute for professional medical assistance. The information here is provided for your better understanding of holistic health.